Thank you for your interest in Rowley Company. Please review these openings and email your resume to email@example.com. If you are chosen for further consideration, someone will contact you promptly.
Workroom & Education Manager
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Status: Full Time/Exempt
Position Summary: The Workroom & Education Manager is responsible for managing the workroom and for providing expert industry education both internally and externally. The person in this role is responsible for providing key industry knowledge and insights that reflect the voice of the customer with the ability to translate that knowledge into content creation that is implemented across a breadth of marketing tools (catalogs, website, webinars, promotional campaigns, social media, events, etc.), employee training, new product development & testing, and expert services.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Rowley Roomscapes campaigns
- Development of project proposal (mood board w/fabrics, project proposals, list of Rowley products to be used).
- Coordination with photography studio and designer on set location, props and installation.
- Fabrication of projects for planned photo shoots.
- Photo-shoot installation and on-site presence on the shoot date.
- Documentation of fabrication steps (photos, how to steps) used to create downloadable project lists.
- Creation of live webinar sessions (1 hour each) on the outlined projects from the Roomscapes campaign with a follow-up recorded webinar for the website library.
- Resolve follow-up questions from attendees.
- Social Media
- Content creation for facebook, pinterest, twitter and the Rowley blog.
- Participate in key industry forums (WCAA).
- Trade Show Management
- Supervise Associate Brand Manager in the planning and management of trade show exhibitions (Budget Blinds, Visions, HD Expos) to include outline of featured products to be included in the booth, booth design, sales materials, advertising support, shipping coordination).
- Fabrication of product (drapery panels, shades, etc.) needed for trade show booth displays.
- Post show evaluation and ROI assessments.
- Training Presentations at key trade events.
- Public Relations
- Create, document and prepare articles for bi-monthly Drapery & Design publication.
- Speaking Engagements
- Provide product training at key events throughout the year: Budget Blinds Annual Convention (2 sessions at annual sho)], BB Inspired Drapes Training Program (4 per year), WCAA regional chapter events (4 per year), Visions (in booth demonstrations at annual show).
- Product Knowledge
- Review catalog content for accuracy and opportunities for improvement.
- Review and edit Rowley educational materials (manuals, instructions).
- Provide counsel and testing on R&D new product development, new supplier products, product discontinuations.
- Provide monthly training to call center representatives on Rowley products.
- Handle difficult call escalations on customer technical product questions.
- Participate in weekly R&D QA briefings on customer product complaints.
- Trade Associations
- Attend monthly chapter meetings for WCAA and GCWA.
Language Skills: Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills required; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions with large (+50) and small groups of customers handle complex technical product questions and write detailed product instructions.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts used in the fabrication and installation of window coverings and upholstery.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Strong organizational, project management, detail oriented, analytical and quantitative skills.
Computer Skills: Experienced user of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with webinar software (i.e. gotowebinar, Ready Talk).
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of industry experience in window coverings fabrication.
- Public speaking experience (training, trade shows and webinars).
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Must be able to travel when required (trade shows, regional speaking engagements, training) - 25% travel.
- Standing required for extended time periods during trade show exhibitions, speaking engagements and during window covering fabrication.
Sales Experience Support
Customer Service: Take ownership of an order from its entry into our system to its delivery into our customer's hands. Leave a smile on the face of each customer who calls using your "can-do" attitude, exceptional computer skills, and workroom knowledge.
Customer Service-Bilingual: Hacer todo que dice anteriormente, pero en español!