Details: Full-Time / Gastonia, North Carolina
Job Description / Responsibilities: The Director of Industrial Design will be responsible for the industrial design and development of new products for a leading manufacturer and international distributor of home décor products. Knowledge and understanding of current technology is essential to this position. From initial concepts to sketch models, prototypes, packaging, engineering and materials, the individual will work collaboratively within a cross-functional team while managing other team members to ensure design intent and integrity is maintained throughout all stages of product development.
Candidates must have strong verbal and visual communication skills to interact with internal teams and give convincing stakeholder presentations. Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Design, Engineering, Marketing, and Management teams to translate project goals into relevant design solutions.
- Manage and mentor Industrial Designer.
- Innovate and push forward new ideas applying future trends in design, technology and materials.
- Preparation of high quality concept presentations using different media.
- Lead major projects from concept to completion.
- Develop sketches, models, prototypes, packaging, colors, graphics and materials.
- Work closely with R&D to develop product specifications and validate prototypes.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive product, retail environments and market influences.
- Execute projects as directed to support brand strategies.
Education / Training / Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university.
- 5+ years of experience in product design or a related field incorporating trends, decorative arts and product manufacturing.
- Hands-on experience directly developing products.
- Mechanically inclined with a strong aesthetic sensitivity.
- Conceptual, creative and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work in team environments.
- Proven ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Proficient in 3D CAD software and modeling skills using Solidworks, Keyshot and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficient in using MS Office.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include the position you are applying for). If you are chosen for further consideration, someone will contact you promptly.