Details: Full-Time / Gastonia, North Carolina
Job Description / Responsibilities: Rowley is seeking an experienced Magento Developer for our growing e-commerce businesses that are focused around the home décor industry. This is a full-time, on-site, contract-to-hire position. Must be a team player willing to roll up sleeves and get work done in a casual and fun team-oriented business environment. This position will support e-commerce and marketing strategies, as well as deliver, support and troubleshoot complex e-commerce and content management systems.
Applicants will be expected to provide examples of work and may be asked to complete a coding challenge.
- Build e-commerce applications, maintaining existing PHP code, optimizing MySQL queries, developing custom PHP solutions, and actively assist in improving the usability, usefulness, and functionality of highly customized consumer and business-to-business Magento systems.
- Provide full service web solutions from frontend development to backend programming, and system design and architecture
- Understand and support e-commerce data organization and relationships, including store catalogs (categories, products, attributes) and custom product configurators.
- Integrate and support Magento platforms with external systems, such as CMS, CRM, ERP, payment, shipping, etc.
- Implement best practices for responsive design and mobile friendly programming
- Assess and manage operation’s functionality within Magento (taxes, shipping configuration, freight, software syncing, etc.)
- Work with common third-party API's (Google, etc.)
- Analyze, design, code, debug, test, document, deploy and provide ongoing support for all web applications
Qualifications / Experience:
- 5+ years in e-commerce development role; at least 2 years with Magento Enterprise Edition
- Excellent understanding of Magento 2 code structure and extension architecture
- Experience customizing Magento's front-end components using layout XML, blocks, and templates
- Experience working with MySQL & SQL databases
- Experience with multi-store, multi-lingual, and multi-currency e-commerce implementations a plus
Preferred Skills & Education:
- Full stack web developer
- Certification in Magento or Magento 2 training is a huge plus
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience
- A preoccupation with staying on top of industry trends and technologies
- Solutions-oriented thinking
- Team player able to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, and a willingness to help team members
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Out of state or out of country applications will be rejected, unless you are willing to move to the Charlotte area. Please, no outsourcing companies.
About Rowley Company
An industry leader in the window coverings industry, Rowley has been serving drapery and upholstery workrooms, installers and designers since 1962 with over 15,000 workroom, installation, upholstery, notion and decorative hardware products to help its customers design, fabricate and install beautiful custom window and home furnishings. For more information about Rowley company and its family of designer hardware brands including AriA™ Metal Hardware, Finestra® Wood Hardware, Finestra® Custom Decorative Hardware, The Finial Company, Paris Texas and R-TRAC commercial hardware visit www.RowleyCompany.com.
At Rowley, we do our best to enhance both the quality of work and quality of life of our employees by offering benefits to meet your professional, personal and family needs. Besides offering fair and competitive compensation, we offer the following perks and benefits:
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Casual dress code
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com (please include the position you are applying for). If you are chosen for further consideration, someone will contact you promptly.