Position: Ecommerce Specialist
Details: Full-Time / Exempt / Remote / North Carolina
Reports To: Director of Ecommerce
Job Description: The Ecommerce Specialist manages the daily needs of Rowley’s family of ecommerce stores and brand sites, overseeing the merchandising strategy to drive sales, optimizing SEO, and creating an engaging online shopping experience while working in collaboration with the Ecommerce Director.
*This is a remote position with quarterly team meetings in Gastonia, NC. Applicants must be within driving distance of the office. Reports to Ecommerce Director.*
- Provides recommendations and implements best practices to increase rankings through content development, landing page creation/optimization, visual merchandising, promotional offerings, cross-selling/upselling, repeat/return selling, conversion optimization (a/b testing), and other operational components to increase ecommerce revenue.
- Maintains product classification structure and category attribute templates for our ecommerce sites; adds/imports new product data to the website.
- Structures product offerings for website and catalog use, consistently across brands, with a conversion optimization focus.
- Reviews and corrects existing website catalog content for accuracy and layout (identifying issues or missing information).
- Documentation of fabrication steps (photos, how to steps) used to create downloadable project lists.
- Ensures product content (images, videos, attachments, educational material, etc.) is current and appropriately matched.
- Schedules all promotional banners, ads, coupons, and other time-sensitive content on the sites.
- Organizes and maintains all educational content within the educational library and product pages, including PDFs, product videos, webinar recordings, etc.
- Maintains ecommerce admin rights for CSRs and helps troubleshoot technical issues.
- Runs daily and weekly database reports ensuring data integrity is maintained between site and ERP systems, including inventory, pricing, and other key data points essential for site functionality.
- Helps troubleshoot customer and order management with customer support and IT teams.
- Supports special ecommerce projects including site migrations and launches.
- Oversees Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for all brand sites including site audits, both on- and off-page analysis, and change implementation to improve keyword rankings within search engines.
- Confirms all content and product pages on sites use the best SEO practices, images, product descriptions, and rich media to ensure success.
- Develops optimization strategies that increase the company's search engine results rankings.
- Researches SEO keywords to use throughout the company's website and marketing materials.
- Sets measurable goals that demonstrate improvement in marketing efforts.
- Monitors daily performance metrics to understand SEO strategy performance.
- Efficiently communicates with other marketing professionals to align goals.
- Collaborates with others within the marketing department to manage SEO strategy.
- Writes compelling and high-quality website content, including product descriptions, ad copy, landing page/brand introductions, etc.
- Updates content and website links for maximum optimization and search engine rankings.
- Extremely organized and efficient, with strong attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects at once, meeting tight deadlines are key traits for success in this role.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Marketing, Technology, or a related field.
- 2-5 years of hands-on ecommerce related experience, corporate or agency.
- 2-5 years of experience in successfully developing and executing SEO campaigns.
- 2-5 years of experience writing compelling web copy optimized for SEO.
- Solid analytical skills: uses data to recommend improvements, establishes and reports out on KPIs; high proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of analytical tools - including site analytics and SEO measurement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with technical and non-technical audiences including vendors, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking methods.
Education / Training / Experience Required
- Experienced in ecommerce platforms and content management systems, Magento Enterprise is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in marketing automation platforms, Marketo is a plus.
- Skilled in HTML and CSS.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (i.e. key logical, mathematical, VLOOKUP, date & text functions).
- Demonstrated understanding of data transference (import, export, FTP) and transformation/standardization.
- Experience with SEO industry programs, such as Moz, SEMRush, ScreamingFrog, etc.
- Knowledge of keyword research and data mining tools.
- Comfortable analyzing high volumes of data on a daily basis.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include the position you are applying for). If you are chosen for further consideration, someone will contact you promptly.