Position: Marketing Communication Assistant
Details: Full-Time / Exempt / Remote / North Carolina
Reports To: VP of Marketing & Director of Ecommerce
Job Description: The Marketing Communications Assistant supports the Marketing Department with the execution of integrated marketing communication plans and ecommerce initiatives to increase market awareness, drive demand generation and lead development through all classic and digital channels. The ideal candidate is process-driven with a keen eye for detail. You must have strong creative writing, editing, and research skills. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to handle multiple projects is a must. You should have a solid understanding of communications practices and digital marketing strategies. Plus, a passion for home décor and interior design.
*This is a remote position with quarterly team meetings and tradeshow prep work in our Gastonia, NC facility. Applicants must be within driving distance of the office.
- Create and execute demand generation programs and integrated marketing campaigns for Rowley’s family of brands utilizing a variety of techniques including email, webinars, blog posts, social media initiatives, and digital/inbound marketing programs.
- Manage the setup, testing and scheduling of all email campaigns, landing pages, webinars, giveaways, and other elements including email lists in our marketing automation platform.
- Write and schedule social media posts and respond to messages across our social media channels.
- Support new product initiatives and catalog launches by compiling data for product activations, proofreading catalog and price list, creating new product import files, and other administrative needs.
- Support e-commerce projects and SEM/SEO initiatives.
- Write compelling SEO optimized website content, including product descriptions, ad copy, landing page/brand introductions, etc.
- Schedule promotional banners, ads, coupons, and other time-sensitive content on our company sites.
- Organize and maintain all educational content within the educational library and product pages, including PDFs, product videos, webinar recordings, etc.
- Support tradeshow initiatives including budget, planning, lead conversion, and setup / breakdown.
- Help coordinate booth schedules, logistics and promotions with the Sales team.
- Work with graphic designers on creative for shows.
Deliver on current project plans, but also explore what could be and should be added to our strategy through ongoing research and continued professional development on marketing trends and practices.
Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and experience in building and executing marketing plans and programs utilizing email, webinars, digital/inbound marketing, social media, and tradeshow events.
- Ability to be innovative with respect to program creation and problem resolution, and process-oriented with respect to marketing operations and execution workflows.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously.
Education / Training / Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
- Excellent written, proofreading, and editing skills.
- 2+ years of experience in Marketing Communications or a similar role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Experience with email marketing tools (Adobe Marketo Engage, a plus).
- Basic understanding of CMS / E-Commerce management tools (Adobe Commerce / Magento, a plus).
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Working knowledge of SEO optimization techniques and audience engagement, (experience with MOZ, a plus).
- Strong current knowledge of digital marketing and the ability to apply concepts.
- Knowledgeable in social media channels, engagement, and analytics..
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Must be able to travel when required (trade shows and events) – Up to 10% travel.
- Standing and lifting required for extended periods of time during trade show set up, tear down and ongoing maintenance of trade show materials.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include the position you are applying for). If you are chosen for further consideration, someone will contact you promptly.