Position: Workroom & Education Manager
Details: Full-Time / Exempt / Gastonia, North Carolina
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Job Description: The Workroom & Education Manager is responsible for designing and fabricating a variety of window treatments, slipcovers, pillows and home décor accessories using Rowley products, as well as responsible for providing expert industry education both internally and externally. The person in this role will provide key industry knowledge and insights that reflect the voice of the customer with the ability to translate that knowledge into content creation that is implemented across a breadth of marketing tools (catalogs, website, webinars, promotional campaigns, social media, events, etc.), employee training, new product development & testing, and expert services.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
Rowley Roomscapes Campaigns / Workroom Fabrication
- Development of project proposal (mood board w/fabrics, project proposals, list of Rowley products to be used).
- Coordination with photography studio and designer on set location, props and installation.
- Fabrication of projects for planned photo shoots.
- Photo-shoot installation and on-site presence on the shoot date.
- Documentation of fabrication steps (photos, how to steps) used to create downloadable project lists.
- Actively stay ahead of trends in the home decor industry to recommend new inspirational Roomscape designs and content topics.
Webinars / Education
- Creation of live webinar sessions (1 hour each) on the outlined projects from the Roomscapes campaign with a follow-up recorded webinar for the website library.
- Resolve follow-up questions from attendees.
- Content creation for facebook, pinterest, twitter and the Rowley blog.
- Participate in key industry forums (WCAA).
Trade Show Management
- Plan and manage trade show exhibitions (Budget Blinds, Vision, HD Expo) to include an outline of featured products to be displayed in the booth, sales materials, advertising support, and shipping coordination.
- Fabrication of product (drapery panels, shades, etc.) needed for trade show booth displays.
- Training Presentations at key trade events.
- Post show evaluation and ROI assessments.
- Write articles, based on areas of expertise, for industry publications.
Speaking Engagements / Education
- Provide product training at key events throughout the year (Budget Blinds Annual Convention (2 sessions at annual show), BB Inspired Drapes Training Program (4 per year), WCAA regional chapter events (~ 4 per year), Visions (in booth demonstrations at annual show).
- Review catalog content for accuracy and opportunities for improvement.
- Review and edit Rowley educational materials (manuals, instructions).
- Provide counsel and testing on new product development.
- Provide monthly training to call center representatives on Rowley products.
- Handle customer call escalations related to technical product questions.
- Attend monthly chapter meetings for WCAA and GCWA.
- Language Skills - Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills required; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions with large (+50) and small groups of customers; handle complex technical product questions and write detailed product instructions.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts used in the fabrication and installation of window coverings and upholstery.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Strong organizational, project management, detail oriented, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Computer Skills - Experienced user of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with webinar software (i.e. gotowebinar, Ready Talk).
Education / Training / Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of industry experience in window coverings fabrication.
- Public speaking experience (training, trade shows, and webinars).
Physical Demands / Work Environment
- Must be able to travel when required (trade shows, regional speaking engagements, training) – 25% travel.
- Standing required for extended time periods during trade show exhibitions, speaking engagements and during window covering fabrication.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com (please include the position you are applying for). If you are chosen for further consideration, someone will contact you promptly.